The club is in need of a Publisher for our quarterly magazine the Wheeltracks. After 6 years, our current is stepping down so we are in need of a replacement to fill the role.
If interested please contact Sue Morrison, Wheeltracks Editor, details are on our contact page.
Duties of Publisher, Wheeltracks
- Receive reports from area reporters, flea market chair, publicity, president, editor, cover story, tours, swap meet, provincial meetings, NAACC report, membership report, Classified Ads.
- Maintain records of anniversaries, deaths, special birthdays (make contact with families for photos, check website for deaths that are outside my region) and include with draft.
- Prepare draft from all reports received, correcting grammar, spelling, etc. and present in the order that they will be published.
- Receive photos, cropping, decide which ones to include, and attach.
- Send to proofreaders (Sue Morrison and Bill Jarvis)
- Ensure the inside front cover is updated as required.
- Ensure inserts are up-to-date (scholarship applications, membership, special tours, etc.
- Once the draft has been sent to Dave Chase, 3 of us recheck and I correct as required.
- Depending on timing of documents received I could spend 3-4 days preparing draft, but that’s not 10 hours per day.
You start working as soon as the first email arrives; and it is usually photos. It’s not just copy and paste; most reports need editing, grammar, spelling, sentence structuring, etc. You spend a lot of time at the computer 4X a year, and each issue is different.